The Warrior Daily

The Student News Site of Somerset Academy of Central Miramar

The Warrior Daily

The Warrior Daily

Mamma Mia!: A Musical Tale of Love and Self-Discovery

In the musical Mamma Mia, the soon to be bride, Sophia, feels lost and unfulfilled because she never met her father. So, after reading the diary of her mother, Donna, she finds three potential dads and invites all of them to her wedding, in hopes of finding her dad and having him walk her down the aisle. The story flows with them singing the wonderful songs of the band ABBA. With Donna trying her best to give Sophia a beautiful wedding and also finding out her past lovers are there with no explanation. Sophia is trying to figure out who is her father and what she truly wants. At the wedding she realizes that she doesn’t need to know which one is her father and accepts all three as her dad. Donna also gets a happy ending by reuniting with her true love, one of Sophia’s dads. 

In my opinion this is such an amazingly beautiful movie and is now my favorite. The whole story of her feeling unfulfilled and realizing she doesn’t need to know is really beautiful and a good lesson. The wonderful songs of ABBA like “Mamma Mia”, “Dancing Queen”, and “Slipping Through My Fingers” truly move and bring the story to life. I say it’s truly a must see.

Donate to The Warrior Daily

Your donation will support the student journalists of Somerset Academy of Central Miramar. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Warrior Daily