The Warrior Daily

The Student News Site of Somerset Academy of Central Miramar

The Warrior Daily

The Warrior Daily

The Perfect Gift

It’s that time of the year again! Christmas. What a wonderful time to sit back and enjoy quality time with your family and dwell on the things you’re grateful for, but along with enjoying quality time with your family, gifts also play a special part in Christmas. It’s that time of the year when you can ask for anything, and that one person will grant you that wish! 

But what if you can’t think of the perfect gift to ask for? Or what if you can’t come up with the perfect gift to give someone and they don’t have a Christmas list? Below I will list a few key tips on how to handle both of these situations. 

What if I don’t know what I want?

When creating a Christmas wish list it’s good to sit back and dwell on everything you wanted this year but couldn’t buy or had no one to buy it for you. For example, if you have been eyeing a camera for a really long time but didn’t consider it a necessity, write it down. These little gifts you wanted throughout the year will add up to a complete Christmas list giving the buyer more items to work with when they shop. 

How do I give the perfect gift with no Christmas list? 

A lot of these scenarios take place when playing the gift giving game Secret Santa. A lot of people can’t think of the perfect gift to provide someone. What you can do in this situation is first talk to someone close to the individual and figure out what they might like or two, you can never go wrong with basic items everyone like, for example, a visa gift card goes a long way, fragrances for bath and body work, gift cards to grocery stores or even gas cards. These are simple items that everyone appreciates because they use them every day.

So, if you ever find yourself in a situation where you can’t think of the perfect gift to get someone, look back at these tips.

Donate to The Warrior Daily

Your donation will support the student journalists of Somerset Academy of Central Miramar. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Warrior Daily